10 Most Annoying Radio Hits of My Life

I'm sure there were some really stupid songs before I was born... even as I was a tot growing up (e.g. "Barracuda" by Heart). However, these are the songs that scarred me & made my brain shrink. I couldn't escape them on the radio/MTV during their hay day.

I still hate them... yet for some masochistic reason I listen to them and laugh whenever they come on (especially if Brandie is in the car... then I proclaim "it's my favorite song of all time" & sing along). These songs are either digustingly cheerful, or moronically simple lyrically/melodically. I still wonder why they were played so often... was it a conspiracy of some kind, or does the general populace really have standards so low? We may never know. Here's the list:
  1. I'll Be There For You (Theme from Friends),The Rembrandts
  2. New Low, Middle Class Rut
  3. Womanizer, Britney Spears
  4. I Go Blind, Hootie and the Blowfish
  5. Spaceman, The Killers
  6. I Can't Dance, Genesis
  7. Never Gonna Give You Up, Rick Astley (My opinion must be shared... hence the "rickroll")
  8. Dancing on the Ceiling, Lionel Richie
  9. Remedy, Jason Mraz
  10. Too Legit, MC Hammer
Oh... of course there are more than ten, and I'm sure there will be many more to come in my life.

Comments

Steve V said…
Update: anything by Lady Ga-Ga