Open Letter to Sacramento County Leadership on AB 144, Bearing Arms

I have sent the notice below. Since Jerry Brown has made open carry illegal in California, if I carry a weapon I will exercise my 2nd Amendment right via concealed carry. Furthermore, I will not be applying for a permit to exercise my constitutionally protected right.
--------------------------------------------------
TO:
 SupervisorSerna@saccounty.net,
 JYee@saccounty.net,
 SusanPeters@saccounty.net,
 MacGlashanR@saccounty.net,
 NottoliD@saccounty.net,
 daoffice@sacda.org,
 info@sacsheriff.com
--------------------------------------------------

2nd Amendment of US Constitution: 
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 

With Jerry Brown signing AB 144 into law, effective January 1 2012, open carry will be illegal in California. 

Whereas open carry previously fulfilled the means for a US citizen to bear arms, after January 1st, the only legal option remaining in Sacramento will be to pay fees and apply for a CCW license on a "may-issue" basis. 

This is in conflict with the 2nd Amendment, and I request that Sacramento resolve the conflict in it's existing policy. Charging an application fee and list of prerequisites is not compatible with a constitutionally protected right. I will no sooner apply for a permit to exercise free speech.

Sincerely,
--Signature---

--------------------------------------------------

Comments