Cooking with Steve

Earlier in the year, I took it upon myself to learn how to cook. I set my DVR for plenty of Food Network shows, like Good Eats, Iron Chef, and Throwdown with Bobby Flay. Rachel Ray just annoys me. I sifted the web for tutorials like: Cooking 101: 20 Lessons to kick start your cooking skill and http://busycooks.about.com/library/glossary/blglossary.htm (so I could understand what they were talking about on Iron Chef). I tried learning some simple things.

Most of those recipes I found on http://allrecipes.com/Search/Ingredients.aspx (which allows you to search by ingredient). This is a great way to look for recipes when you are cooking for yourself... as you can just sift through the cupboard/fridge & search for recipes with what you have on hand. Oh yeah, and a measure converter might come in handy for amateurs like me that don't feel ready to stray from a recipe.

Maybe one day I'll sign myself up for one of these fun cooking classes at the Sac Food Co-op.

Here is a collection of delectible recipes I clipped & fancy to try sometime:

Burmese Chicken Curry (Gaeng Gai Bama) - Allrecipesallrecipes.com/Recipe/Burmese-Chicken-Curry-Gaeng-... Tender chicken in a creamy, spicy tomato and coconut milk sauce! Serve over jasmine rice.

Chinese Five Spice Chicken - Allrecipesallrecipes.com/Recipe/Chinese-Five-Spice-Chicken/D...

Creamy Chow Mein Chicken - Allrecipesallrecipes.com/Recipe/Creamy-Chow-Mein-Chicken/Det...

Vanilla Crepes - Allrecipesallrecipes.com/Recipe/Vanilla-Crepes/Detail.aspx

Cooks.com - Recipe - Curried Lentilswww.cooks.com/rec/view/0,162,140178-252193,00.html

Cooks.com - Recipe - Sweet And Sour Tunawww.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1845,148173-254196,00.htm...

Cooks.com - Recipe - Tuna Noodle Casserolewww.cooks.com/rec/view/0,178,141187-243199,00.html

My Lunch Can Beat Up Your Lunch! Recipe: Okonomiyaki: tastier than it lookswww.c4vct.com/kym/bento/okono.htm

Recipe for Okonomiyaki Sauce - Low Carb Recipes .wswww.low-carb-recipes.ws/Okonomiyaki_Sauce.html

Sausage Cabbage Bake - Allrecipesallrecipes.com/Recipe/Sausage-Cabbage-Bake/Detail....

Shrimp Fried Noodles-Thai style - Allrecipesallrecipes.com/Recipe/Shrimp-Fried-Noodles-Thai-st...

Soft Baked Custard - Allrecipespagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/ads?client=ca...
Spam Musubi - Allrecipesallrecipes.com/Recipe/Spam-Musubi/Detail.aspx

Stuffed Cabbage - Allrecipesallrecipes.com/Recipe/Stuffed-Cabbage/Detail.aspx

Sweet and Spicy Meatloaf - Allrecipesallrecipes.com/Recipe/Sweet-and-Spicy-Meatloaf/Det...

Thai Pineapple Chicken Curry - Allrecipesallrecipes.com/Recipe/Thai-Pineapple-Chicken-Curry...

Vanilla Crepes - Allrecipesallrecipes.com/Recipe/Vanilla-Crepes/Detail.aspx

Comments